Updated 5/17/2021: Dress Gallery has decided to follow recommended CDC guidelines for retail stores. Masks are no longer required for patrons or staff, but Dress Gallery employees will happily wear a mask during appointments should the bride request. Dress Gallery staff members are all fully vaccinated. We are asking brides to still keep their group to six or less with all guests being over the age of 10. We politely ask that children stay at home during appointments due to the sensitive nature of our items. Our door is no longer locked; come on in!
Yes, appointments are required for bridal. We welcome brides to bring four guests to their bridal appointments and prom shoppers to have two guests. All guests must be age 10 or older. You can book an appointment online, giving us a call at 316-264-6688, or texting us at 316-351-8565. We can’t wait to style you!
It varies on the type of appointment. Bridal & bridesmaids appointments are scheduled for 90 minutes each. Single bridesmaids and tuxedo appointments are scheduled for 1 hour. Fitting appointments are scheduled for 45 minutes.
We encourage you to bring your own strapless bra just in case. (Most babes don’t wear bras at all to try on dresses. That’s totally fine by us! It’s whatever your comfort level is.) We do ask that you wear appropriate undergarments. Underwear is required to try on bridal gowns.
At this time, we are not requiring masks during appointments unless requested by the bride.
Other than your required undies & masks, we recommend having a great hype squad, inspiration pictures, and an open mind!
At this time, brides are invited to bring four guests to their appointment. All guests must be over the age of 10. Even though COVID-19 has thrown us for a loop, we’ve honestly found that limiting the number of guests in your entourage actually makes the experience better for the bride. It gives you a manageable hype squad, but keeps the appointment focused on you. We’ve decided to keep this maximum recommendation indefinitely, both for safety measures and efficiency!
Prime wedding dress shopping time is 6 – 12 months prior to your wedding with the sweet spot being 9 months. Most gowns take around 16 weeks to arrive and we recommend giving your seamstress at least 8 weeks for alterations. Some gowns come faster while other gowns take longer – your consultant will make sure you have plenty of time for whatever timeline you’re on!
If needed, dresses can be rushed for additional fees. These fees vary by designer. We have a very limited amount of gowns to be sold off-the-rack.
We do not do alterations in-house. Our girl Juliana over at Quickstitch is a literal seamstress goddess who is capable of all sorts of magical things. We recommend her whole-heartedly. Alterations can take up to 3 months to complete; we recommend giving any seamstress at least 6 to 8 weeks.
We totally love multi-tasking, but when it comes to shopping for your bridal gown, the focus should be on you. We do not schedule bridesmaids during bridal appointments. The bridal appointments are scheduled for 90 minutes and normally take the majority of that time – we don’t want to cut your time short! It is also so much easier on our consultants to focus on the bride if the appointments are separate. We can always book your bridesmaids appointment before you leave!
We do not rent prom or bridal gowns. If you’re interested in rentals, there are some local places in town we can recommend!
Walk-ins are welcome for prom! If we are at capacity, you may need to wait for a room. We also happily schedule room reservations in advance to guarantee a dressing room.
Prom dresses are ineligible for layaway or storage.
The biggest reason why bridal runs so small is because bridal accommodates all sizes. That means small sizing needs to accommodate even the smallest of brides. Plus, culturally speaking, our society is larger than we were 50 years ago. Most designers have modernized their sizing to be body inclusive. To be able to fit women of all sizes, the size chart leans on the small size, but don’t worry – it’s just a number on a tag, girl!
Much like street clothing, sizing varies per designer. While you might be one size in one designer, you could be a different size in a different designer. When you’re ready to purchase your gown, your specially trained bridal consultant will take your measurements, compare them to the designer’s size chart you need, and determine your correct size.
We are happy to help get you need sized for a dress not purchased through Dress Gallery with a $15 Measuring Fee.
Guuuuurl, don’t you worry – we’ve got ALL the sizes. Typically, bridal gown sample sizes are between 8-14, but we do have smaller and larger sample sizes available, too. We carry over 150+ plus size gowns ranging from size 16-26, although larger sizes can be ordered. We pride ourselves on having a body inclusive selection of gowns!
Usually, yes! Bridal designers normally offer multiple “color ways” for each style of dress. Almost all gowns are available in ivory or white, while many of our currently popular gowns feature champagne, blush, blue, and even black undertones. Adding color to your wedding gown is an easy way to really make your dress feel like yours! Bridesmaids dress samples usually come in one color, but are available to be ordered in a large variety of colors. Ask your consultant to look at the designer’s color swatches!
Bridal shopping is totally different than normal shopping. Each season, our management team picks the gowns we want from the designer, but then also requests a size & color. This allows us to have one representative sample gown from the designer, even if there are a myriad of colors and styles available. Think about it – we have almost 1500 SAMPLE gowns in store, can you imagine the amount of square footage we’d need if we carried every dress in every color and size!? We make our samples fit using clamps & clips so you can get a visualization of what each dress would look like in your size.
There is no food or drink allowed inside Dress Gallery. Due to the delicate nature of our items, we can’t take the chance with drinks back in our bridal suites. (We had a previous incident with Mountain Dew: Code Red that has scarred us forever.) We don’t have tables in our bridal suites, which often means drinks end up on the floor….which in turn ends up on our carpet or, even worse, the dress! Because of this, we recommend celebrating down the street at The Monarch – they have a great patio, fabulous craft cocktails, and a liquor license!
At Dress Gallery, we want your experience to be nothing short of exceptional. Sales policies vary per department, so be sure to read our fully inclusive policies attached to the bottom of your receipt. General store sales policies are as follows:
- All sales are final. No returns, refunds, or exchanges. All deposits are non-refundable and cannot be applied toward another purchase.
- All special orders require a 60% deposit to be ordered. We do not order items until 60% of the balance has been paid.
- Remaining balances must be paid and items must be picked up within 60 days of arrival.
- Payment plans are available. All payment plan items must be paid-in-full and taken from the store within 60 days. Deposits placed on payment plan items are nonrefundable.
- Once special ordered, items cannot be cancelled, returned, or refunded. Cancellation fees apply for items already in production. All deposits are forfeit on cancelled orders.
- A monthly storage fee of $25 will apply to all items remaining at Dress Gallery after 60 days of arrival (or purchased if a layaway). All balances must be paid in full before an item leaves the store.
- Menswear sales policies vary based off the rental nature of the items. Rental policies will be covered during your consultation.
- All sales are final. No returns, refunds or exchanges on any merchandise. All deposits are non-refundable and cannot be used toward any other purchase.
- Special orders may take up to six months to arrive. We will provide an approximate arrival date for you. Dress Gallery does not assume responsibility for merchandise delays on any orders. Rush orders usually require higher shipping and handling fees.
- Prior to the order being placed in the event of a bridesmaid cancellation, there will be a $40 cancellation fee on each dress.
- A 30% deposit is required to put any item on layaway. A 50% deposit is required for layaway purchases under $100. The remaining balance is due within 60 days of purchase. A 60% deposit is required on special order items.
- Items of similar colors must be ordered at the same time to ensure color continuity. Merchandise not paid in full or claimed within 60 days of notification of arrival will be returned to the sales floor and no reimbursement will be given.
- When ordering a dress, we will measure you and recommend a size. Due to designer size charts, we cannot order a size that will fit perfectly and alterations may be needed to complete the fit.
- Dress Gallery will not take responsibility for sizes of special order gowns in which the person ordering said garment is not present.
- Alteration costs are not included in the prices of dresses. Dress Gallery is not responsible for fit and does not do alterations.
For special ordered items, complimentary storage is available for 60 days after the dress’s arrival. For layaway items, complimentary storage is available for 60 days after the date of purchase. After 60 days, a $25 monthly storage fee applies on the 15th of each month. All balances must be paid in full before the item leaves the store. Please note that prom dresses are not eligible for layaway or storage.
That’s okay! Challenge accepted, though, girlfriend. 80% of our brides find their gowns on the first appointment. Keep in mind that our in-demand consultants may have to schedule you weeks out for a return appointment, so don’t be afraid to say “Yes!” when you find something you love! Third appointments will have a member of our management team as consultant and a $50 service fee will apply.
We require a card on file for bridal and bridesmaids appointments. All cancellations require a 48 notice prior to appointment time or they are subject to a $25 cancellation fee. No-shows incur the same charge. If you find your gown same day at another store and wish to change your bridal appointment at DG to a bridesmaid appointment, a $25 charge will incur.
Bridal gowns at DG start at $1,200 and go up to $3,000. Average is around $1,700. This is a mid-price industry standard. Sale gowns may be available in some circumstances. Please see our social media for sale info.
Bridesmaids dresses at DG start at $150 and go up to $250. DG brides get discounts on their ‘maids orders.
Menswear rentals range from $99-$250 depending on the desired style.
Menswear purchases start at $275.
Prom dresses at DG for 2021-2022 start at $300 and go up to $700. Sale gowns may be available in some circumstances. These prices reflect current market standards.
Accessories are $90-$1000.